Saturday, October 20, 2007

So today while I was sitting here youtubing it..................

all day. Well most of the day. I also watched the USC destruction of Notre Dame. Back to the subject of the post. There is a scene from the show SCRUBS that I just can't get out of my head. It is a scene that shows the greatness and randomness of the show. It features Carla asking Turk if their son wanted to take dance while his friends play football. Turk then proceeds to start singing "Safety Dance". The song is from the early eighties by the band MEN WITHOUT HATS. It is the only song of theirs to catch hold here in the states. Also I found that the episode "My Bright Idea" features the song "All of the Words" by Kutless. (which happens to be one of my favorite bands). The scene is where Carla finds out that she is pregnant. To me I don't really get how the song fits in this scene, but who cares kutless made into primetime television. It rocks.

Here is the scene with Turk doing his thing......

Also after you watch the real song shows up as the second little box below.


And here is the scene featuring Kutless..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Dwight playing "You Give Love a Bad Name" on his recorder?

That was pretty awesome.

Paul said...

Dude -- I LOVED "Safety Dance". Had the stoopid LP, if you can believe it.

Oh, yeah... "LP" -- stood for Long Play. It was made out of vinyl and had grooves in it that, when spun with an amplified needle applied to the groove, would produce sound.

Seems overly complicated now....