Sunday, October 21, 2007

So Earlier this week.................

I did something I hadn't done in a while. I finished reading a book. No it wasn't Velvet Elvis I finished. (I finished that in July)(I started that in March). The amazing thing is I read this particular book in two days. It just sucked me in. You have probably hard of the television show or even the movie this was made into. It was called "MASH: A Novel Of Three Army Doctors." I love the television series I own the whole set. And the movie I thought was funny but never really got. Then I read this book. After I finished it I had to watch the movie again. (the movie is a lot closer to the book the the television show because that was developed out of the movie). The movie was a whole lot funnier after reading because they explain stuff in the book that they don't in the movie. And I felt like had an inside track to the movie. The book is an easy read, but is is not a young persons book. It isn't obscene it is just young people wouldn't necessarily get some of the things that are brought up. Next I think I am going to try to tackle "Rise To rebellion" by Jeff Shaara. I have started that book a couple of times but because I am not a diligent reader haven't gotten very far into it. As for "Velvet Elvis" it is written by Rob Bell, and if you haven't read it yet I would strongly recommend reading it. He brings up some really good discussion points. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should write your own book.

william of e said...

Maybe. But I don't know how interesting it would be.

Anonymous said...

Velvet Elvis is an awesome book. Looking forward to seeing Rob Bell next month!!

As for Mash the Series, funny!! Classic and funny everytime you watch!!